For those players attending our upcoming Arsenal FC Residential Camp at Edinboro University August 11 - August 13 (Friday-Sunday), we wanted to provide you with a couple of reminders.
DORM LOCATION CHANGE
Players should report to "The Highlands #8 Dorm” -- 305 Darrow Rd, Edinboro PA 16444. All fields located on Edinboro campus.
AC will be in dorms!
For more information on the Edinboro Campus, please click on the following link http://www.edinboro.edu/virtual_tour/v1/
SIZE 4 BALL SALE:
Arsenal will be selling a size 4 Arsenal-logo ball for U11-U12 campers during the upcoming camp this week in Edinboro.
Cost is $20 per ball.
Please see an Arsenal coach/chaperone at camp registration to purchase.
Check-In / Check-Out and Other Notes of Interest
Check-in between 1:00-2:00 pm with a player meeting directly following.
- Sorry, NO LUNCH provided on Friday - only DINNER on the first camp day
- A camp official will be assisting us with check-in - providing final roommate assignments, room numbers, key distribution, etc.
- Players - fully equipped - will be meeting at 2:15 pm outside of dormitory, ready for a field training session to immediately follow.
- Dinner to follow first session.
Check-out on Sunday starts at 11:00 am and ends at 12:00 pm Noon.
- Must turn in keys to a member of the Arsenal FC Coaching Staff at Check-Out.
- There is a $50 lost key charge.
The Daily Plan:
Full Day Camp Schedule
|wake up and shower
Our morning sessions will be technical in nature, afternoon sessions geared more towards tactical development, and evening sessions will have high-paced 4v4 tournaments or 8v8 - 11v11 games against local competition. Fields TBD. Fields will be located on Edinboro campus.
For security purposes, parents are permitted in the dorms only during check-in/out. Please understand only chaperones and coaches are permitted in dorms during regular camp hours. In addition, parents cannot take their son during the camp week without permission from me, Coach Brower.
During downtime (not much of it!), the players could also travel in groups and, most importantly, with a chaperone to the olympic-size swimming pool on campus (lifeguard will be on duty) and/or Student Center - located on Edinboro campus.
Players should bring the following items for the week:
- Soccer shoes
- Soccer and regular socks
- Soccer bag
- Flip-flops for showers
- Bathing suit
- Rain jacket
- Sleeping bag or bed linens
- Towel & wash cloth
- Water bottle
- Toiletries - deodorant, shampoo, soap, toothbrush/paste, Tylenol/Motrin, band-aids, moleskin, Gold Bond
- Cell phone/charger with alarm clock
- A small amount of money to buy snacks in the vending machine or to buy pizza at night.
Our experienced coaching staff will have to work hard on the pitch and, especially, off the pitch to make sure that the boys and girls are, most importantly, safe and enjoying their stay. I have no doubt that this camp week will be something that our players will be talking about favorably for a long time.
A summer Arsenal FC residential camp will continue to provide for our players year in and year out. For sure, every club player attending will become a little closer - nothing but a good thing for our young soccer players and their development.
Wishing everyone safe travels to Edinboro for the Arsenal FC Residential Camp, August 11 - August 13!
I wish the everyone a great stay and a wonderful weekend of learning and growing.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me at email@example.com.
See everyone on Friday!
Thanks and talk to you soon.